Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pete Carroll Invites Nate Robinson To Seahawks Camp


Former Celtics guard Nate Robinson, who played a year of football at the University of Washington before deciding to focus on basketball, might get another shot on the gridiron during the NBA lockout. On Tuesday, Robinson traded tweets with Seahawks coach Pete Carroll, who had tried to recruit Robinson to USC a decade ago. Robinson, now with the Thunder, wrote to Carroll: give me a chance and I'll prove it to you. The exchange ended with Carroll writing: see you at practice at 1:30. bring your cleats. Robinson did not show up at the afternoon session, but Carroll left the door open, telling the assembled media: "He may be a little distracted with basketball, I don't know. If he is, he probably won't be able to do it. But if he can get focused, there's always a chance (WEEI)."

I was following these tweets yesterday because they were pretty funny and a lot of the NFL craziness has slowed down. I think Nate has 0% chance of actually making the team, but I would love to see him try. He is fast as hell and I would like to see him play in an exhibition game or two. I mean Nate can jump, he is quick, so maybe he would be decent in coverage, but I just don't see him being strong enough. It would be pretty cool if I was wrong and Nate actually made the team. We haven't had a good 2 sport athlete in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment