Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Savard Is Still A Mess


We haven't heard about Marc Savard in a while, and from the sound of interview we know why. There seems like there has been very little improvement...

"It's obviously been a long road for me. I'm still suffering with a lot of daily issues, right now it's been a tough go," Savard told reporters. "I'm just trying to get through and not worry about hockey right now, just worry about my health because I have three young kids and they're important to me."

"Mornings have been tough. When I get up in the morning I'm a little foggy sometimes," Savard continued. "But as the day wears on I'm pretty good. Hot sun is tough. I try to stay in the shade and stuff like that and pop the odd Advil and it seems to be okay (TSN)."

I feel so bad for this guy, but he has made a good amount of money and like I have said 1,000 times before just needs to sit back and announce his retirement. There is no reason for him to go out there again and risking another head shot. We have so much evidence now that these concussion can really mess your life up long term, so he should take every precaution to be there for his kids.

The Bruins did put a petition in to get him on the Cup, and I hope it works out. The guy has been through enough. I couldn't imagine waking up every day and still dealing with these problems. Blank spots in memory, dizziness, I mean we get those from hangover, but at least that's only on weekends.

It's crazy to think the NHL season starts again in about 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment