Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Best Team In Baseball?



The Red Sox are tearing it up, and basically have been all season other then their awful start. Yet, can we say they are the best team in baseball? Well, they are the best team in the AL, I don't see any question in that, but I don't think they are the best team in the MLB.



Trying to put our homerish ways to the side for a minute lets be honest with ourselves the Phillies are the better team. I mean just compare the rotations. I know the 4th/5th pitcher don't matter much come playoff time, but even then we are talking about Lester, Beckett, and one of the other three vs. Halladay, Lee, Hamels.



What really scares me as a Sox fan is that I think out big advantage is our hitting, but because the Phillies have home field advantage the Sox are going to be missing Ortiz for 4 out of the 7 games.



I know it's a long time away, and there are no guarantees these will be the two teams in the World Series, but I will tell you now if it works out that way it is going to be a very tough series for the Red Sox to come out on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment