Monday, August 8, 2011

Bruins Should Sign Owen Nolan



Owen Nolan wants to play in the NHL again, and he know what role he wants to play. The Vancouver Province writes, "At 39 years old, he's convinced he can still have an impact in the NHL. He said watching Mark Recchi, another elder statesman, hoist the Stanley Cup at 43-years-old, only further fueled him (ESPN)."



He is trying out for the Canucks, but no one seems to think he will make the team. If he has something left I think the Bruins should sign him. He could fill that Recchi role, and plus I have always liked Owen Nolan. Plus, he will take any role...



"They can play me five minutes a game, I don't care. I'll stand in front of the net on the power play. I'll kill penalties. Whatever they want me to do, I will do it."



Maybe it is just wanting someone on the Bruins from my childhood, but I also think there is something to be said to having that older vet on the team. The Bruins are so young, and even though they won it all last year maybe a guy like this keeps them grounded and focused on doing it again, because it would obviously be a one and done type of year for Owen Nolan.



No comments:

Post a Comment